Media coverage policy for the The 1st Okinawa Karate World Junior Tournament
1. Applications for the Okinawan Prefectural Government Press Club
Member companies of the Okinawa Prefectural Government Press Club (the following 26 companies) may conduct interviews on the day of the interview by filling their information in the reception book (company name, name, and contact information) or submitting a business card.
(1) Okinawa Times
(2) Ryukyu Shimpo
(3) Ryukyu Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)
(4) Okinawa Television Network (OTV)
(5) NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation)
(6) Ryukyu Asahi Broadcasting Corporation (QAB)
(7) Asahi Shimbun
(8) Mainichi Shimbun
(9) Yomiuri Shimbun
(10) Nihon Keizai Shimbun
(11) Kyodo News
(12) Jiji Press
(13) Nippon Television Network (NTV)
(14) Sankei Shimbun
(15) Radio Okinawa (ROK)
(16) FM Okinawa
(17) Okinawa Kensetsu Shimbun
(18) Miyako Television (MTV)
(19) Miyako Mainichi Newspaper
(20) Yaeyama Mainichi Newspaper
(21) Miyako Shimpo
(22) Okinawa Cable Network (OCN)
(23) Yaeyama Nippo
(24) Ishigaki Cable Television
(25) Mori no Eigasha Y.K.
(26) Nishinippon Shimbun
2. Applications made from outside of the Okinawan Prefectural Government Press Club
(1) Media looking to cover the event must submit an Application for Press Coverage Form to the 2nd Okinawa Karate World Tournament Executive Committee and the 1st Okinawa Karate World Junior Tournament Executive Committee (hereinafter referred to as the “Tournament Executive Committees”) in advance, or on the day of the event.
(2) Even after submitting the Application for Press Coverage Form in advance, you will need to check-in at the reception desk on the day of the coverage. Please make sure to check in at each venue on each press coverage day.
(3) You may be asked to present your ID (employee ID, business card, etc.) at the registration desk; please prepare it.
(1) The applicant must be a reporter/photographer belonging to a member of the Okinawa Prefectural Government Press Club.
(2) The applicant must be an employee or exclusive reporter/cameraman of the publisher of a news program, sports magazine, etc.
(3) The applicant must be an employee or exclusive reporter/photographer of the publisher of a magazine or weekly with a specific publication project.
(4) The applicant must be a freelance reporter/cameraman with a determined medium of publication.
(5) Applications for stand-alone internet media (including YouTube channels) will not be accepted.
4. Press Coverage at Venues
(1) All press entering venues are required to wear their company armbands and ID cards, which will be distributed at the registration desk. If you do not have your own armband, you may wear only your official identification card.
(2) When filming the competitions or seminars, please maintain a sufficient distance from the athletes, referees, coaches, and seminar lecturers to avoid disturbing them. Taking pictures of athletes, referees, or seminar lecturers using flash photography is prohibited.
(3) Please cover the event from within the press area. Moving outside of the press area for the purpose of reporting is prohibited.
(4) Recording video of seminars for extended periods of time or for the purpose of disclosing the seminar instructor’s curricular content is prohibited.
(5) Images and videos that were taken may not be used for any purpose other than for press coverage. Coverage for the purpose of business, including the sale of images and videos, is prohibited.
(6) Follow the instructions of the Tournament Committees while covering an event. If you do not follow their instructions, your permission to cover the event will be revoked.
(1) You must follow rules meant to preventing the spread of the novel coronavirus (wearing masks, disinfecting hands, etc.) while covering the events.
(2) The personal information collected through your application will not be used for any purpose other than that related to the processing of your application.
(3) If you broadcast or publish the contents of your coverage, send the broadcast or publication data to the Tournament Committees.
Address for broadcasting and publishing information
[Executive Committee Secretariat]
Okinawa Prefectural Government 1-2-2 Izumizaki, Naha, Okinawa, 900-8570
The 2nd Okinawa Karate World Tournament Executive Committee
The 1st Okinawa Karate World Junior Tournament Executive Committee
(Okinawa Prefectural Government Department of Culture, Tourism and Sports Karate Promotion Division)
Application for Press Coverage Form
Download the Application for Press Coverage Form below.